My mind is currently a mess! Ideas for this blog start to percolate and then fizzle out. I have a list of ideas but none seem to develop into a full blog. So, today you are reading my list. Maybe jotting down these thoughts will help the ideas to grow and become clear expressions.
- Positivity – how to reframe thoughts into positive actions
- What background does a teacher need to be qualified to teach?
- Telling classroom and school stories
- Why reading aloud is so important!
- Picturebooks inspire creativity and how to use this in your classroom
- Intentionally integrating technology in your classroom is a best practice
- Creating a Culture of Innovation
- Multi-age classrooms
- How to create a collaborative classroom
- Digital Citizenship is a must teach for all students
- Parents as co-learners
- The importance of reading to children
- Authentic Arguments
- Conduct Codes
So in brainstorming this list, I realized that there is a different purpose to this blog post. It is a reminder to me that brain dumping, my students like this term better than brainstorming, is a vital part of a creative process. In fact, the imagining of possible solutions/ideas is an integral part of a Design Thinking process.
I have now started my next blog with one of these ideas (check back for my next post). So when you get stuck, try a brain dump. Remind your students the benefits of imagining ideas and solutions.
Thanks for letting me brainstorm! Feel free to add a few more ideas on Twitter (@edtechease) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/edtechease/) or in the comments.